Create your own single-player CCG with Unity: Fundamentals
Learn how to create a single-player collectible card game inspired by Card Crawl with Unity.
Who is this class for?
- People who have a good understanding of C# programming fundamentals.
- People who are familiar with how the Unity engine works.
- People who have an interest in developing their own single-player collectible card games.
- People who have an interest in learning how to use Unity's entity component system (ECS).
What are you going to learn in this course?
- How to create your own single-player collectible card game from scratch.
- How to write games with the new entity component system (ECS) in Unity.
How is the course structured?
This course is entirely project-based, meaning we will work on building a complete example game from scratch using Unity 2019.1.0. This game will be heavily inspired by @tinytouchtales's masterpiece Card Crawl.
Hi! My name is David and I am a game programmer with more than a decade of experience in the industry. After working for many different studios on many different projects, I started my own company, gamevanilla, together with ricimi. We are responsible for CCG Kit, the most popular collectible card game kit on the Asset Store.
I am also a teacher at the Postgraduate degree in game design and development at Universitat Oberta de Catalunya and a Unity certified developer and instructor.
My ambition is to continue chasing my dreams and help others accomplish theirs by working on exciting games, game development middleware and game programming courses.
You can reach me at @_davidpol.
PreviewWhat is the ECS?
PreviewDefining the basic player data: an introduction to ECS entities and components, part 1
PreviewDefining the basic card data: an introduction to ECS entities and components, part 2
PreviewCreating the player: an introduction to ECS systems, part 1
PreviewCreating the cards: an introduction to ECS systems, part 2
PreviewCreating the deck: an introduction to ECS systems, part 3